Polar Fest Plunge
Saturday, February 18, 2017
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2017 – A FULL DAY of Polar fun
Join the Boys & Girls Club of Detroit Lakes for its 21st Annual Polar Fest Plunge! This event is full of chills and thrills as participants jump into icy Little Detroit Lake to raise funds to support afterschool and summer programming for 600+ youth that attend Boys & Girls Club. You won’t want to miss this event – whether you take the Plunge or stand back and laugh at those who do!
This event features TWO exciting ways to take the Plunge:
· Register to jump in the frozen lake solo or with your friends at www.bgcdl.org, download the fundraising toolkit, and get started collecting pledges that will help you earn awesome swag (and even cold hard cash!) while raising funds to support local kids. Don’t forget to bring your wackiest costume and show off for the Plunge judges – you might win a cash prize!
· Gather your toughest friends and form a team to compete in our Tug O’ Plunge (yeah, you guessed it – a tug o’ war over the ice hole!). Boys & Girls Club is seeking 6 teams to fill a winner-takes-all, single-elimination bracket. Teams can have up to 7 people weighing no more than 1500 pounds – guys, gals, or both – all teams are welcome! More information can be found at www.bgcdl.org or by calling 218.847.5700, Ext. 4.
Don’t want to Plunge but still want to have a blast at the Plunge? Here are some ways you can stay warm and dry and still enjoy the Plunge:
· Come to the Polar Fest Plunge Kickoff Party at Lakeside Tavern on Friday, February 17 from 3pm to 8pm. Buy a $10 Kickoff Party raffle ticket and you could win cool prizes valued at over $2,000! Only 300 tickets will be sold. Must be 18 and need not be present for the drawing – but really, why would you want to miss the party?!
· Get in on the Club’s $5 Polar Fest Plunge raffle! More than 20 prizes totaling $4,500 will be given away after the Plunge on February 18 – and just 1500 tickets are available. Must be 18 to play and need not be present for the drawing.
· Pledge your friends and family who are Plunging! Your pledge will help a local child get help with homework, enjoy a healthy afterschool snack or a hearty meal, create an art masterpiece, develop friendships with others, and much more!
Event contact: Sue Trnka, Boys & Girls Club of Detroit Lakes
218-847-5700, Ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed event information at www.bgcdl.org!
2017 Polar Fest Plunge Schedule of Events:
Wednesday, January 18
· $5 Polar Fest Plunge raffle tickets go on sale at Boys & Girls Club Thrift Store & More.
Monday, February 13
· $10 Polar Fest Plunge Kickoff Party tickets go on sale at Lakeside Tavern
Friday, February 17
· Polar Fest Plunge Kickoff Party at Lakeside Tavern from 3pm to 8pm
· Kickoff Party raffle drawing at 8pm
Saturday, February 18
· Plunger and Tug O’Plunge registration and check-in at Lakeside Tavern from 8:30am to 1pm
· Plunge begins at 1pm sharp
· $5 Plunge raffle drawings and costume prizes inside Lakeside Tavern immediately following the Plunge!